Secret Stairs:Silver Lake 1
is a collection of five circular, self-guided walks through the hillside community just northeast of downtown Los Angeles. These walks use the public staircases at their urban 'trails,' and each is rated for length, duration and difficulty, and contains specific walking directions, an interactive map, audio cues for all the twists and turns in the road, and helpful hints about historic locations or famous personalities along the way.
The walks are taken from the book Secret Stairs: A Walking Guide to the Historical Staircases of Los Angeles, by veteran journalist – and long time Silver Lake resident – Charles Fleming. A former Newsweek, LA Weekly and Variety staff writer, Fleming teaches journalism at USC's Annenberg School and is the author of numerous bestselling books and novels.
- 5 walk from the book Secret Stairs.
- Narrated by the author, Charles Fleming.
- Audio guided using GPS technology.
- Interactive map shows your location and markers.
- Create a playlist and listen to music while you walk.
- Pauses and starts music so you won't miss an audio cue.
- Clearly marked route so you won't get lost.
- Secret Stairs works with all iPhones and iPod Touches running version 4.0 software or later.
- WiFi, Edge, or 3G Network required to use the interactive map.